Chocolate that has been produced from the bean in a responsible way
Cocoa Bean Testing
Sample testing: 4-stage test on beans. For organic and specific origins, testing a sample collected from every bag in every container.
Cocoa Liquor Testing
17-factor, 5-person flavor panel test run 2 times
(on rough-grind lab liquor and again in tank samples).
New Product Development Mini Plant
Replica small industrial machines ensure experimental batch chocolate will scale up in production with precise flavor, quality results.
Dedicated Bean Warehousing
Separate building + advanced pneumatic systems to ensure gentle handling (no broken beans) and zero dirt contamination in Cocoa Processing Hall.
Cocoa Bean Processing
(Production of Liquor, Powder and Butter)
Cocoa Powder Secondary Processing
- 3-stage sterilization (steam, then infra-red, steam again)
- Air pressure controlled winnowing = no shell debris
- Roasting individual bean types by batch for best development of total flavor potential
- Liquor – 3-stage milling for exact control (down to 10-15 microns, depending on recipe)
- Liquor storage: dedicated tanks for organic, FT, conventional, alkalized and non-alkalized
- 3 presses for cocoa powder and butter production
Atmosphere protected, continuous tempering flow for outstanding color control, shelf stability
Mixing, Conching, Refining
Dedicated lines separate dark from milk & white
Precise control of parameters on timing, micron fineness, etc.
Inclusion Quality Control
Total quality review of organic inclusions
Manual per-case inspection, testing, sieving and repacking
In-house metal detection system for secondary quality control
Depositor and Shell Molding Facilities
Bars, Cioccolatini, Filled Molded Items, etc
Flow wrap, thermo-seal, premium bars cartons, gift box, multi-bar packing, etc.